Vella Chapbook Contest: Entries accepted here.
*** *** *** *** *** ***
– Manuscripts may be between 16 – 24 pages.
– Please include a title page with ONLY the title, a table of contents, and an acknowledgements page (not included in page count).
– Open to poetry, fiction, memoir, and mixed- or hybrid-genre works (prose poems, flash fiction, lyrical short-shorts, a short story sandwiched between a dozen poems, one long-ish short story, 24 pages of poems, and any other combination that might be missing in this list).
– Thematically-linked works are encouraged, but not required. Quality is the only criteria.
– Collection as a whole must be unpublished, but individual publications are fine.
– Simultaneous submissions are fine, but please withdraw it immediately if someone else snatches up your amazing work before we do.
– Prize: 100 perfect-bound copies of your winning chapbook, ISBN included, to use however you’d like (sell them, give them away, make a modern art installation in your living room, etc.) Paper Nautilus will be selling an additional limited number of copies through our website or at literary events (for which you’ll receive 10% royalties on any sold), but the rest are yours.
– Entry fee: $11, payable through Submittable. We also have a $14 option that comes with a random issue of PN. If this fee is an economic hardship to an eligible submitter, please contact us, and we will do our best to work with you
– Entry period: February 17th – May 31th, 2017.
– Expected announcement of winner: (approximately) September 1st, 2017.
– Expected date of publication: (approximately) March 1st 2018.
– Contest entries will be judged by Lisa Mangini, Paper Nautilus Editor in Chief