Debut Series Chapbook Contest: Entries accepted here.
*** *** *** *** *** ***
– Manuscripts may be between 16 – 24 pages.
– Please include a title page with ONLY the title, a table of contents, and an acknowledgements page (not included in page count).
– This contest is open only to writers who have not yet published a full-length manuscript or chapbook in any genre.
– Open to poetry, fiction, memoir, and mixed- or hybrid-genre works (prose poems, flash fiction, lyrical short-shorts, a short story sandwiched between a dozen poems, one long-ish short story, 24 pages of poems, and any other combination that might be missing in this list).
– Thematically-linked works are encouraged, but not required. Quality is the only criteria.
– Collection as a whole must be unpublished, but individual publications are fine.
– Simultaneous submissions are fine, but please withdraw it immediately if someone else snatches up your amazing work before we do.
– Prize: 50 hand-bound copies of your winning chapbook, to use however you’d like (sell them, give them away, make a modern art installation in your living room, etc.) Paper Nautilus will be selling limited additional copies through our website or at literary events (for which you’ll receive 10% royalties on any sold), but the rest are yours.
– Entry fee: $5, payable through Submittable. We also have an $8 option that comes with a random issue of PN (which is the normal retail price of a PN issue). If this fee is an economic hardship to an eligible submitter, please contact us, and we will do our best to work with you.
– Entry period: February 17th – May 31th, 2017.
– Expected announcement of winner: (approximately) September 1st, 2017.
– Expected date of publication: (approximately) March 2018.
– Contest entries will be judged by Lisa Mangini, Paper Nautilus Editor in Chief